ShareThis

3/3/14

Best of 2013…The Late Edition


Wow, time is flying by! We’re going into March now and I haven’t posted in a bit. Let’s just say I waited a while so everyone else could get their year end/New Year posts out. ;-)  Let me reminisce a bit, will you? 2013 was a pretty decent year for me! Here are a few of my highlights:

  • Partying With Jill Scott, Young Guru & ATCQ’s Ali Shaheed Muhammad! – Yep, you read right! I started to year off right! I headed down to North Carolina for some relaxation and to attend my friend, 9th Wonder’s birthday party. What a great time that was! Most significantly, I got to meet Ali Shaheed Muhammad who is a member of my favorite hip hop group of all time, A Tribe Called Quest! I just about died! To see the full post with pics, click here.
  • Jamla Army Colonel – Many of you know about my affiliation with Grammy Award winning producer 9th Wonder, his label Jamla Records and his online marketing and promo team, The Jamla Army. I was promoted from Lieutenant to Colonel in February and very proud of it. It’s amazing to know such a great group of people and be a part of an amazing movement!
  • I Met My Childhood Crush! – Growing up, I was a HUGE New Kids On The Block fan. This fandom was re-ignited in 2013 when they came twice to Toronto while on tour with 98 Degrees and Boyz II Men. The 1st time I had a ‘hallway moment’ with my longtime fave, Donnie Wahlberg, got a pic with Joey McIntyre and had amazing seats! You can read all about it and see the pics/vids I took here. The 2nd time around, my cousin, Jojo and I had pretty decent seats. We went to their after party where Jonathan Knight remembered me from the first time (more on that later) and I managed to have enough guts to ask Nate Morris of Boyz II Men for a pic! You can find that post here! Also in September, Donnie was in Toronto to announce that they were opening a Wahlburgers here. I finally got a pic with him then and gave him a gift! More on this here.
     
  • I QUIT! – I revealed something very personal on The LV Lair last yr; something I was not proud of. I admitted to smoking cigarettes only to announce that I quit on April 6, 2013. With no aid except a smoking cessation app on my phone that kept track how many days ago I stopped (328 days at the moment of this post!), the number of cigs I haven’t smoked and how much money I’ve saved, I’ve struggled but proud to say that I’m still going! I’ve also gotten some support from family and friends but more significantly, I’ve gotten support from Jonathan Knight of New Kids On The Block who is only second to Donnie Wahlberg. He quit smoking on his birthday in 2012 and posted about the cessation app on instagram. That was around the time that I quit. I had no idea apps like that existed and started using it immediately. Jon seemed thrilled about it when I told him when I first met him in June. I was surprised that he recognized me when I saw him again in July and since then he has sent me a few tweets and direct messages. You can see the tweets that he sent me and more here. Getting encouragement from Jon means the world to me; I’m still baffled that he even bothers! Recently I tweeted that I marked my 300th day smoke free and got the following in response: 
  • Shows, Shows And More Shows! – For at least the last 6 years, I don’t think there was a year where I didn’t go to a bunch of concerts! 2013 was no different! I saw a bunch of different artists some I just discovered and some I absolutely love: K-OS, Frank Aucoin, The Package Tour with Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees and New Kids on the Block (twice!), The Legends of the Summer Tour with Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake, Mayer Hawthorne, King, Laura Mvula, John Legend and 112. I enjoyed them all! I’m hoping for much more this year! Here are a few picture highlights I took: 









That pretty much sums up my 2013! Have a few things in store for this year! Here’s hoping 2014 is prosperous for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP