ShareThis

3/1/13

Talented Friends….pHoenix Pagliacci

Photo by Jah Grey Photography

As you may know I am a Colonel of The Jamla Army, Grammy Award winning producer, 9th Wonder’s promo team for his label Jamla Records. One of my favorite things about being involved with the army is meeting people. I first met pHoenix Pagliacci through our mutual love for Jamla. We were drafted into the Jamla Army together and shortly after she became General. That was well over a year ago and pHoenix has since stepped down from the army to concentrate on her own music career. 

I have written about pHoenix before. You may or may not know that I featured her first album Books, Bucks and Beats, Volume 1: Holla at a Schola which was released November 11, 2011 (11-11-11). (You can see that post by clicking here) On December 12, 2012 (12-12-12), pHoenix’s sophomore album Books, Bucks and Beats, Volume 2:Rise of Baby Buddah was released. 

On my first run through, I knew I loved it. I enjoyed the growth in pHoenix as both a singer and as a rapper. The beats she chose worked well as a canvas while she painted them with her vocals. While I like the album as a whole, my faves are Voodoo, Confidential and Hurtin' featuring Jean Grae. Word has it that a video for Voodoo is getting ready for release and I'm really looking forward to it! 

I really believe in my friend so I wanted to show her some love and spread the word out on her talent. People are always looking for good music, why not start with pHoenix?



You can stream/purchase ALL of pHoenix Pagliacci's music by click the album cover below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP